Manufacturing was established by Albert Menasco in Los Angeles
in 1926. The company's first product was an air-cooled rebuild
of a Salmson radial.
In 1929, Menasco introduced the 4-A, the first of
what was to become its main product line, the inverted, in-line
Menasco was deeply involved with air racing and
his products were popular with racers looking for small displacement
The company ended engine development and
manufacturing after World War II. Most recently Menasco
Aerospace was known for its landing gear and, as part of Coltec
Industries, was acquired by Goodrich Aerospace in 1999.